Borrowing + requesting
Find out how to pay fines, place holds on items, renew resources and how many items you can take out from the library.
AUArts students (part, full and con-ed), faculty, staff, members of The Alberta Library (TAL), and the general public can access the library. Each group has different membership requirements, privileges, and borrowing times.
AUArts students, faculty, and staff
Present a valid AUArts ID card
The Alberta Library (TAL) Users
TAL cardholders may access E-resources on campus, but do NOT have remote access
Community Users (non-TAL)
Present photo ID with current address information to register for Community User Card
Pay a yearly fee of $25
Community Users may access E-resources on campus but do NOT have remote access
The Luke Lindoe Library has several types of collections, with different rules for access and borrowing:
General circulation - three weeks.
Closed Reserves - two hours, two items at a time, in-library use only. Look up closed reserve items by instructor name, course name or number. Click here to look up items on closed reserve.
Archive materials - two hours, one item at a time, in-library use only.
Videos - overnight.
AUArts faculty, students, and staff
25 items at any one time
TAL members and the general public
Five (5) items at any one time
AUArts students, faculty and staff
- Three weeks.
- Two renewals.
- After the initial three-week loan period, items that have holds put on by other borrowers must be returned.
TAL and Community Users
- Three-week loan period
- No renewals
If you're an AUArts student, faculty, or staff member, you can place a hold online in the library catalogue. Holds may not be placed on items currently available in the library but on items that are currently checked out to someone else.
All library members can place holds by contacting email@example.com, calling 403.284.7667, or visiting the library in person.
Only AUArts students, faculty and staff may renew library resources.
Once an item is overdue, it CANNOT be renewed online. Users must contact the library directly to renew overdue items. Items put on hold by other library users also CANNOT be renewed.
Library resources can be renewed:
- On the Library Catalogue under 'My Library Account' (you'll need your library ID and PIN)
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone at 403.284.7667
- In person
Pay fines in person at library front desk.
Fines accrue at the following rates:
- General circulation print items - $1/day
- Videos - $5.00/day
- Closed reserves - $1/hour
- Lost items - $15 service charge plus the replacement cost of the item and outstanding fines
The following are NOT acceptable reasons for appealing a fine:
- Not receiving a courtesy or overdue notice
- Inability to renew online
- Inability to return borrowed items because library user was out of town
- Lack of awareness of library policies
We welcome your assistance with developing our collection. Suggestions for new acquisitions (in any format, i.e. books, magazines, films etc) can be sent to email@example.com.