Paying library fines
The library charges fines for overdue items, damaged or lost books. Fines must be paid in person.
Overdue fines are as follows:
- General circulation print items at $1/day
- Videos at $5/day
- Closed Reserves at $1/hour
- Lost items accrue a $15 service charge plus the replacement cost of the item
The following are NOT acceptable reasons for appealing a fine:
- Not receiving a courtesy or overdue notice
- Inability to renew online
- Inability to return borrowed items because the user was out of town
- Lack of awareness of library policies
Please note that overdue items CANNOT be renewed online. Items put on hold by other library users also CANNOT be renewed.
Please contact the library should you wish to appeal a fine or extraordinary circumstances prevent you from returning items on time.