This program offers two specialized streams: 2D or 3D Animation, providing students with focused instruction depending on their interests.
Students work towards a final capstone project of creating either a professional-level portfolio/demo reel or a short animation project that meets industry requirements for employment and entrepreneurial activity, in Canada and internationally.
The Animation Certificate Program will prepare you to explore many roles in the creative technology industry, including animator, animation director, animation producer, character design, and animation production design.
- Comprehension of artistic and technical animation principles and standards of practice.
- Understand cinema vocabulary as it relates to a visual narrative for effective visual storytelling
- Personal creative content development for animation and motion graphics.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D software applications.
- Professional development and industry awareness.
- Completion of a capstone project of either a professional-level portfolio/demo reel or a short animation project that meets industry requirements for employment and entrepreneurial activity, in Canada and internationally.
Courses begin: August 2021
WHEN: Evenings from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
WHERE: Online / Alberta University of the Arts