Find details on convocation day schedules, ticket requests, photos, and speaker nominations.
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and welcome to your new world as an AUArts Alum!
Convocation will be held on Thursday, May 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium.
- Gown Pickup | 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. | Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Lower Lobby
- Group photo on AUArts stairs | 12:30 p.m. | Jubilee Walkway
- Processional Line-up | 12:30 p.m. | Jubilee Walkway
- Convocation Ceremony | 1 p.m. | Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- Reception following Convocation | AUArts Main Mall
- Grad Show Opening | 4 p.m.
- Gown Return | 4 p.m. or earlier | Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Lower Lobby
Convocation schedule subject to change. Attend the Grad and Procession Information Session on Thursday, April 4, 2019, at 1 p.m. in the Stanford Perrott Lecture Theatre.
Graduation invitations and assigned seating tickets
Tickets with assigned seating are required for admission to the Jubilee Auditorium on Convocation Day. You must request the number of tickets you require for your guests on your Application for Graduation form, no later than the last Friday of November. Tickets will be awarded on a lottery system and will be distributed at the Grad Information Session.
**Please note that even babies and small children require a ticket**
Be sure to identify if any of your guests have mobility issues or need wheelchair seating on your Application for Graduation form.
Graduation speaker nominations
To nominate a classmate to be your Graduating Class Speaker, please provide the following nomination materials to the Registrar’s Office on or before the last Friday in February.
- A signed, written statement nominating a graduating student as the Graduating Class Speaker and describing why your nominee would well represent your graduating class.
- A signed, written statement confirming that the nominee accepts the nomination.
- An abstract from the nominee outlining what the nominee will include in his or her speech if selected.
Ron Docherty Photo will be on hand for graduates who wish to have formal grad photos taken. You will be notified via email when you are able to sign up for a grad photo appointment at the Registrar’s Office. Photo appointments are held in early April, and the photographer will also be available during the Convocation Reception to take family photos. Ron Docherty Photo charges students a small sitting fee.
*Note: While AUArts has set up a photographer for your convenience, all business is between you and the photographer. AUArts assumes no responsibility for your photos or business with the photographer.
Degrees + Credentials
The credentials you will receive are 8-1/2" x 11" in size.
For additional information or if you have any questions please email the Registrar’s Office or call 403.284.7634.