Students are encouraged to explore other sources of funding to cover their expenses while attending AUArts. Check out the links to learn about award opportunities outside the university.
- Academic Invest - shows students careers they can pursue based on their major.
- Alberta Blue Cross Aboriginal Scholarship Program - Alberta Blue Cross provides three scholarships for Aboriginal students annually.
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts - Information on grants available to artists.
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts - Indigenous Arts Individual Project Funding.
- Alberta Student Aid Awards - The Government of Alberta offers various scholarships and awards to recognize outstanding student accomplishments, contribution and achievements.
- alis - Information on awards specific to Alberta residents, including student loan information.
- Applied Arts Magazine - Offers the Applied Arts Awards are the only competition in Canada that recognizes the creative work of professionals across the visual communications sector, from image makers to advertising executives to designers.
- Calgary Foundation Award Listings - Most of Calgary Foundation’s awards are for Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Chairish Scholarship - Designed to support students from diverse backgrounds and students who are majoring in design-related fields. Deadlines: Jan. 1st and June 30th.
- Chris Lamb Scholarship - Open to Undergraduate or Graduate level students currently enrolled or planning to attend. Applicants must submit an original 250-500 Word essay detailing thei career goals/ plans. $1,000 Award. Deadline: May 1, 2021
- Electronic Recycling Association Scholarship Contest - students have a chance to win a MacBook, $10,000, and 3 laptops donated on their behalf to a charity through hosting an e-waste collection event. Deadline: December 31
- EnergyRates.ca 2020 Scholarship - Write a 500-word essay regarding the future of the energy industry in the world tomorrow for a chance at a $500 scholarship. Deadline: January 31
- Freehorse Family Wellness Society (FFWS) is a non-profit organization founded by a few committed and dedicated leaders of Alberta based First Nations. FFWS is currently offering a post-secondary funding program on behalf of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC). Post Secondary Funding Program assists students from various Alberta First Nations whose status is the result of Bill C-31. Alberta residents from Nunavut and the North West Territories with Indian or Inuit Status are also eligible under our Post Secondary Funding Program.
- Government of Canada CanLearn - Comprehensive information on student loans in Canada.
- Government of Alberta Advanced Education - Information on scholarships and bursaries available through the Province.
- Government of Canada International Scholarships - Scholarships for Canadians wishing to study abroad.
- Helen Bassett Commemorative Student Award - $1,000 is given to four indigenous women, two-spirited or gender diverse individuals, one from each direction, who is 30 years and under. Deadline to apply: July 17, 2021
- Indspire - Indigenous student bursaries & scholarships.
JRG Emerging Artist Grant $3,500 cash grant and 2 X $250 runner up awards. Canadian artist who identifies with a disability, in any artistic discipline is eligible. www.jrgsocietyforthearts.com for criteria and application form. Deadline: April 30, 2021
JRG Atlantic Filmmaker Award. Open to filmmakers with disabilities in the Atlantic Provinces. www.jrgsocietyforthearts.com for criteria and application form. Deadline: April 30, 2021
JRG Theatre Artist Award. Open to theatre artists with disabilities in the Atlantic Provinces. www.jrgsocietyforthearts.com for criteria and application form. Deadline: April 30, 2021
- Kathleen & Russell Lane Canadian Art Award – Available to students entering their final year of studies in visual arts. Deadline: June 30, 2021.
- Kevin Collins Abilities Scholarship - presented to a post-secondary student with a disability. Eligible applicants must have at minimum one full semester left in their post-secondary education. $3,000 Award, Deadline: March 31st, 2021
- Michael Melancon-Koffend Student Award (Native Women's Association of Canada) - $1,000 Award. Available to Indigenous women, two-spirted or gender diverse individuals that are pursuing post-secondary studies & working towards a better future. Deadline: August 15, 2021
- Peter Elzinga Family Foundation - On a yearly basis, the Foundation awards one (1) to five (5) scholarships ranging in value from $600 to $2,000.
- ServiceScape Scholarship - $1,000 USD to be paid toward the educational certification/degree program of your choice.
- Soroptimist International of Calgary - Live Your Dream Education and Training Awards for Women
- Scholarships Canada - Comprehensive, searchable database of scholarships, awards and bursaries.
- Scholarship Essay Contest by SolidEssay - Essay contest for undergraduates and graduates
- Sprak Design Scholarship - $1,000 scholarship for School of Communications Design students
- Student Scholarships Canada - The largest collection of scholarships on the web.
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award Program - Involved in voluntary humanitarian activities (for which they have not been compensated).
- https://www.theceshop.com/scholarship - $1000 for full-time university student enrolled in any major. Deadline: July 31st.
- Universities Canada - Manages government-funded international partnership programs and more than 130 scholarship programs on behalf of private sector companies.
- Voice Talent Online - $1,000 USD Scholarship, write a 300-500 word blog post about "Voicing your Brand". Deadline: January 31