Portfolio requirements for transfer students
Your portfolio has two major components, samples of your work and a supporting statement. Both are an important part of your application to AUArts.
The below requirements are for students applying for direct entry to year two or year three of the Bachelor of Design or Bachelor of Fine Arts. If you are applying to First Year Studies, see First Year Studies Portfolio Requirements.
1. Samples of your work
Choose samples that best represent your abilities, your personality, and be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Select 12 to 15 samples of your recently completed artwork
- Include artwork that relates to the specific program that you are applying to
- Examples may include two and three-dimensional, traditional and nontraditional materials and techniques
- Research drawings and images from sketchbooks are encouraged to help show creative thought processes and iterative skills
2. Supporting statement
This is where you tell us all about you, your background, inspiration, and goals. Your supporting statement should be approximately 500 words in length and explain the following:
- Why you would be a great student at AUArts?
- A list of your education, volunteer, and work experience as it pertains to your art practice.
- Once you have submitted your online application through Apply Alberta the Admissions Department will process you application within 2-7 business days and then send you an email acknowledging receipt of your application. This email will also contain a link to Slideroom where you will need to upload and submit your portfolio and personal statement before the May 1 deadline.
Portfolio and Statement Submission deadline:
BFA applicants | May 1
BDes applicants | May 1