How to set up a virtual coffee meeting with a student or alum using AUArts Connect Ten Thousand Coffees Hub
1. Log in or Sign-up for AUArts Connect Ten Thousand Coffees
2. Click on “Browse Members”
3. Click on “Filter members” and use the filtering criteria to search for members by role, relationship to AUArts (eg. student or alum), or by interest etc.
4. Click on the member you’d like to meet up with for virtually coffee
5. Click on “Say Hello”
6. Send a message.
7. A messaging screen will open. Click on the calendar icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
8. Click on “Meeting type”. Choose what tool you’d like to use to connect virtually such as Skype or Google Hangouts (Note: you’ll need a Skype or Google account) and select the time you’d like to meet, click “Send Suggested Time”
9. Coordinate who will make the “call”.
Tip: If using Google Hangouts, add the meeting to your Google Calendar and click “add conferencing” and select “Hangouts” to skip this step. When it’s time to meet, open the event in your calendar and click “join call”
10. Read “Six tips for a successful virtual coffee meeting", grab a warm beverage and enjoy your virtually coffee!