AUArts and ATB create an entrepreneurial opportunity for emerging Jewellery & Metals graduating students and alumni
ATB & AUArts Jewellery & Metals
Alumni from Alberta University of the Arts have a long tradition of working in the jewellery industry after graduation. In partnership with ATB, the AUArts Jewellery & Metals department is excited to offer an opportunity for alumni and senior/graduating students from the program to pursue their business goals. AUArts and ATB are looking for emergent jewellers in pursuit of beginning or advancing their own business.
Applicants will have to show their commitment to creating innovative jewelry production designs while also showing interest in developing a sustainable business model. The recipient of this start-up entrepreneurship package will be awarded the following:
- $3,000 in funding to support the launch of their creative business
- A full day of mentorship with a practicing and successful AUArts J&M Alum
- Free business banking for a year with ATB
- A strategy session with an ATB Culture Banker
Applications must be received via online submission by 11:59 p.m. MST on November 25, 2019, to receive full consideration and submissions must include:
A letter of intent, stating; date of graduation (or projected date), name of the business, location and a layout of where your business is currently and where you plan to take it.
- 10 to 15 images of one of a kind and/ or production work (submit as one .pdf document)
- A brief biography
- Artist Statement
- Projected budget & timeline of key milestones (submit as one .pdf document)
Submissions will be reviewed by a jury including AUArts and ATB representatives and the successful applicant will be notified before December 31, 2019.