COVID-19 Updates: Important information for Students
AUArts Pandemic Relief Information Centre for Students and Alumni
Hours: 8 am-4 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays)
Phone: (403) 284-7600
Alberta University of the Arts recognizes that some students rely upon access to campus computers and services to support their academic engagement. The closure of the campus and the associated closure of our general access computing spaces on campus have left some students without access to reliable computing resources.
An AUArts Windows 10 Desktop Computer could be yours if you are a full-time student registered for Fall 2020, in need of access to a reliable computer, and are in good standing, then please apply!
April 24, 2020 Update - Grades, Counselling, Convocation, Completion - Winter 2020 Grades
See also: COVID-19 Updates: Important information for the AUArts community
See also: Frequently Asked Questions
I hope that you are well, now that the semester is complete and there is time to focus on other projects, family and future planning. A few updates before the weekend. As always, there is critical information and I recommend reading all the way through to the end!
Grades will posted on April 24, 2020
IMPORTANT: Deadline to request a grade change is Monday, May 4th, 2020 at 12:00pm (noon).
The Counselling Office at AUArts will be closed for appointments from Friday April 24 – Friday May 1 inclusive, reopening Monday May 4. Support during the office closure is available from community mental health agencies as well as online self-help resources, in addition to a helpful document with information from Student Counsellor Jason Bauche, and Student Advisor Laurel Smith.
Community Mental Health Services:
- Eastside Family Centre
- Calgary Counselling Centre
- Calgary Distress Centre (403) 266-4357
- 211 Alberta
AUArts SA Health & Dental Resources:
Students enrolled in the Student Health + Dental Plan may access mental health and counselling supports through Studentcare.
Online Self-Help Services:
Our graduating students have a unique platform for Grad Show and Convocation this year. We look forward to seeing graduating student work online and celebrating virtually on May 20, 2020. Convocation 2021 will also feature our 2020 grads with the opportunity to walk the stage should they so choose.
Completion - Winter 2020 Grades
As you know, AUArts made the decision to allow students to either accept their final grade, to choose CR for a passing grade or choose a version of NC (No Credit) for a failing grade due to academics. Final grades are due from faculty tomorrow, Friday, April 24 and will be uploaded to the system as soon as possible. Once uploaded, students will be able to see final grades in webService. Details on how students can initiate their change request (on a course by course basis) will follow. We’re sorting through the process to make it easy for students and will have a message out by Monday, April 27, the same date that we expect grades to be available to students. Note that our graduating students will be prioritized in the grade update process.
For past updates and our FAQs, please visit the Covid-19 FAQs page.
Again, I do hope you are well. Clean hands, clear heads and warm hearts (Mayor Nenshi).
Kimberley Neutens (she/her)
Associate Vice President, Student Affairs
Director, University Transition Project
PREVIOUS UPDATES FOR STUDENTS
- April 7, 2020 - Winter 2020 Grade/Pass/Fail Option (PDF)
- April 2, 2020 - Spring Term 2020 at AUArts (PDF)
- March 24, 2020 - Academic Accommodations, Bookstore Phone Orders, Withdrawl Deadlines, Fee Refunds & Spring Term (PDF)
- March 22, 2020 - Courses Resume Week of March 23, 2020 by Alternative Delivery Methods (PDF)
Please refer to the following list of information and support resources related to COVID-19:
- Coping during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Request for Academic Accommodations
- AUArts Excused Absence Request & Declaration
- Up-to-date information for Albertans is available on the AHS website.
- Health Link 811 *Health Link 811 is experiencing a high volume of calls, so please be patient.
- AUArts Safe App
- Welltrack - Interactive Self-Help Therapy
- Government of Alberta regarding student loan payment deferral
- Government of Alberta
- Government of Canada - federal income supports
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization