IMPORTANT: AUArts changes as result of Alberta’s State of Emergency
NEW: Rapid Testing and Vaccine Requirements
September 16, 2021: To allow us to return to campus in-person learning as planned, effective September 22, 2021, we are implementing the following for anyone coming to campus, including visitors, that they must provide either:
- Proof of full vaccination, OR
- A negative COVID-19 rapid test within the past 72 hours, available through the authorized AUArts partner
As all classes begin in-person on campus on September 22, anyone who does not voluntarily declare they are fully vaccinated must participate in rapid testing. AUArts is making a free rapid testing program available which will be in place until November 14, 2021, allowing everyone more than enough time to be fully vaccinated.
After November 14, 2021, if you do not verify you are fully vaccinated or have an approved accommodation, you will NOT be able to enter campus. For the safety of all, there will be no exceptions. Read the full update.
- September 16, 2021 updates:
- September 3, 2021 update: Important Voluntary Exemption and Rapid Testing Information
- September 1, 2021 update: Urgent Message: Changes to Start of Semester and Health & Safety Measures
- August 20, 2021 update: New Fall 2021, September classes and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Response Plan
- Mask Protocol
- Staff & Faculty COVID-19 Control Process Map (Staff/Faculty Access)
Please refer to the following list of information and support resources related to COVID-19:
- Request for Academic Accommodations
- Up-to-date information for Albertans is available on the AHS website.
- Health Link 811 *Health Link 811 is experiencing a high volume of calls, so please be patient.
- AUArts Safe App
- Government of Alberta regarding student loan payment deferral
- Government of Alberta
- Government of Canada - federal income supports
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
If you are ill, please stay home. If you are on campus, please wash your hands frequently and well. Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands. Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.