Winter Semester 2021 and COVID-19
Alberta University of the Arts is currently closed to the public due to COVID-19 and classes are being delivered online. Restricted access remains in place for students, faculty and staff.
- Winter Semester 2021 begins January 11, 2021.
- All undergraduate non-studio courses (courses in AHIS, ENGL, CCST, PPRL and SOSC) will be offered online for the Winter 2021 term. Students registered in non-studio courses with the abbreviations listed above are not required to be on campus to meet the learning objectives of these courses during the Winter 2021 term.
- Starting January 18, 2021, some undergraduate studio courses are required to be in-person or require regular access to campus in order to meet the learning objectives of each course.
- Full details for registered students, faculty and staff available here: Winter 2021 Courses Requiring Campus Access (SharePoint)
Studio Access Winter 2021
- Full details for registered students, faculty and staff available here: Studio Access - Winter 2021 (SharePoint)
- COVID-19 Response Plan
- Mask Protocol
- Staff & Faculty COVID-19 Control Process Map (Staff/Faculty Access)
International Travel & Quarantine – Winter 2021 Planning
- Details on international travel to Canada for International students and Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents were sent November 26, 2020, and are posted here. (AUArts student access only.)
- The Government has updated requirements and opportunities impacting international travel to Canada. This will positively impact international students who are travelling to Canada for the Winter 2021 term.
- Study International has created a guide for international students who are planning to travel to Canada. Check it out.
Winter Semester 2021 Announcement
Please refer to the following list of information and support resources related to COVID-19:
- Request for Academic Accommodations
- AUArts Excused Absence Request & Declaration
- Up-to-date information for Albertans is available on the AHS website.
- Health Link 811 *Health Link 811 is experiencing a high volume of calls, so please be patient.
- AUArts Safe App
- Government of Alberta regarding student loan payment deferral
- Government of Alberta
- Government of Canada - federal income supports
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
If you are ill, please stay home. If you are on campus, please wash your hands frequently and well. Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands. Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.