Information about your Student ID, facility services, library access and parking.
Please read the information below before your course starts so you are prepared when you arrive.
AUArts issues one ID card to each Continuing Education student at the beginning of a new Academic Year (Sep 2019 – Aug 2020) for courses that are longer than one day. ID cards are to be used for all courses taken within that academic year, and will expire at the end of August each year. Hold on to your card if you will be taking more than one course with us throughout the year.
ID cards are access cards. You will need your ID card to release interior doors in the stairwells and to activate the elevators to get to your classrooms.
Cards are active only during the dates of your course and will be “turned off” once your course ends, and will be re-activated remotely when your next course starts.
You will pick up your ID from the security office just before the first class meeting of your course. Arriving 15 - 20 minutes early that first night will give you sufficient time to get your card and get to class.
If you are registering last minute for a course, your ID card might not be ready for the first class meeting. You can sign out a Temporary ID card from security for that evening’s class and will need to pick up your ID card from reception or security just before your second class meeting.
You are responsible for your card. If you should lose your card, you may purchase a replacement for $15. Please call the office at 403.284.7640 to order a new ID card and pick it up from reception or security at your next class meeting.
Your AUArts ID card will also get you a discount on art supplies at a number of local, independent art supply stores in Calgary: Destination Art Supply, Inglewood Art Supply, Kensington Art Supply, and Mona Lisa Materials Ltd. Show your card and course registration when checking out.
For Single Day Courses: Please sign out a Temporary ID card from security for your single day course as you will not be issued an AUArts Student ID card.
AUArts is a smoke-free environment. There are designated smoking areas outside of all exterior doors. Please stand 10 metres away from entrances.
The AUArts cafeteria is closed evenings and weekends, we suggest bringing your own snack and water bottle with you. There are food services available on SAIT campus, just a 10 minute walk away.
No food in studio spaces, drinks with lids are allowed.
Please dress appropriately in closed-toed sturdy footwear and non-precious clothes as many art materials leave permanent stains.
LIBRARY ACCESS - Continuing Education students, have full access to the AUArts, Luke Lindoe Library during the semester in which they are registered. Your AUArts ID card is your library card.
The Library is located on the second level of the university and the library staff will be pleased to introduce you to the range of resources available to you. Their specialized collection is focused on supporting contemporary art, design and emerging media practices.
When not registered in classes, you are welcome to continue to use the library with an Alberta Library (TAL) card.
BOOKSTORE + ART SUPPLY PURCHASES 403.284.7663
Jubilee Parkade, adjacent to AUArts, $11 per entry (daytime), $7 per entry (evening). Credit card and cash only.
Jubilee Parkade is directly adjacent to AUArts on the south side of the AUArts building. It is accessed from SAIT Way. Pay stations are located on Levels 1,4, 5 and 6. Park on Level 6 (top) and walk in the Main AUArts Entrance. The white AUArts main reception desk, where you can pick up your ID badge, is directly inside the entrance doors.
SAIT Parking lots maps and fees
- To get to AUArts from the SAIT Parkade (7-minute walk to AUArts):
- Exit the SAIT Parkade and walk west to the SAIT Campus Centre building.
- Inside the Campus Centre building, veer left past the Parking Pay Station and take the first right, continue past the gymnasiums and across the LRT bridge.
- Proceed down the stairs, go through the white metal doors, along the Jubilee Walkway to the wide flight of stairs (on the left-hand side) that will bring you into the AUArts Main Mall (level 3). Across the Mall and on your right, is the white AUArts main reception desk where you can pick up your ID badge.
- Remember to pay for your parking at the Parking Pay Station before returning to your vehicle in the SAIT Parkade.
INCOME TAX FORMS
Your tax forms (T-2202) will be available online in March of the year following your course date. You will need your AUArts student ID number, which is on your Confirmation of Registration, to access your tax information. Call Continuing Education if you need some assistance.
Withdrawal requests must be in writing and can be submitted by email or in-person to the Continuing Education Office on the Main Mall level of AUArts. Your request will be in effect from the date we receive your request. Please be sure to include your name as it appears on your AUArts student record, the title of the course, the reason you are withdrawing, and any relevant documentation like a physician’s note.
Refunds are offered on the following terms:
- There is a processing fee of $45 plus GST on all withdrawals.
- Full tuition may be refunded up to seven (7) calendar days before the course start date.
- Half tuition may be refunded during the period of six (6) calendar days before the course start date to the start of the course.
- No tuition will be refunded after the start of the course.
- Medical: Must be supported by a doctor’s note or relevant medical documentation, for a prorated refund. If a doctor’s note is received prior to the course start date, a full refund will be given.
>>> Complete information on refunds
Students do not require a study permit to take Continuing Education courses. This program is not Designated and ineligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit.