Campus tours and events
Book an appointment, attend a campus event or tour, participate in an interactive online live-session – There are many ways to connect with the Recruitment and Admissions team at AUArts!
Connect with an AUArts Recruitment Officer Online
Do you have questions about our programs or application process? Would you like to discuss your portfolio? You can schedule an appointment to meet with one of our Recruitment Officers via MS Teams video-conferencing or over-the-phone.
Our Recruitment and Admissions Team are available Monday to Thursday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm MST. (except during holidays).
Prospective Student Events and Campus Tours
- In-Person - We love to show-off our purpose-built campus! Tours are offered every Thursday from 4:30 - 5:30pm. Book for a tour here.
- Online Virtual Tour - Peek inside AUArts Campus with our alumni, Ethan!
ShowOff! Competition and Exhibition
Alberta University of the Arts is offering Grade 10, 11 and 12 students from across Canada the opportunity to win mega prizes and showcase their artwork. Submit any 3 of your best artworks to be considered! Online submissions will be accepted from December 1 to January 31. Click here for more information.
Winter Online Portfolio Review Day
Our Portfolio Review Day is an opportunity for you to have your portfolio evaluated for admission to AUArts. Our faculty and staff will provide valuable feedback on your work to help you build a strong portfolio. Join us on Saturday, January 20, 12pm - 4pm.
- National Portfolio Day Events (NPD) -- We'll be visiting a large number of cities to review your portfolio. AUArts Recruitment Officers attend all Canadian NPD Events plus some in the US.
- Events Calendar - Check out our events calendar to join us for artist talks, online events, or workshops.
- Gallery Crawl - AUArts Gallery Crawl is a campus-wide semi-annual event to encourage community building, art production, gallery curation and more. See this link for details: Gallery Crawl.
- Student Association Show + Sale - Presented by AUArts Students' Association, this not-for-profit market is artist-led by people who live, work, and create in Treaty 7 territory. See this link for details and updates: Show + Sale
Join us Online for a Live Info-Session
We would love to connect with you at one of our interactive online info sessions.
To register for an upcoming session, please click on the event session and time below. Once you register for an AUArts online event, we will email you the link to participate.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Program | Online Info-Session
Learn more about our acclaimed BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) program, and the nine different areas of concentration. This presentation will be led by one of our Recruitment Officers, who will share the inside scoop on this program.
- September 25 | 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. MST | Register here
- October 23 | 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. MST | Register here
- November 27 | 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. MST | Register here
- December 11 | 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. MST | Register here
Bachelor of Design Program | Online Info-Session
Learn more about how our Photography and Visual Communications Design majors prepare students for successful careers as professionals in the discipline, practice, and culture of photography and design. This presentation will be led by one of our Recruitment Officers.
- September 25 | 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. MST | Register here
- October 23 | 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. MST | Register here
- November 27 | 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. MST | Register here
- December 11 | 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. MST | Register here
About AUArts and How to Apply | Online Info-Session
Applying to university can be overwhelming. This interactive, live, online session will provide you with step-by-step direction on how to apply to AUArts and an overview of the University, programs and spaces. Our Admissions team will show you the process to apply through Apply Alberta, how to access your Alberta Student Number and what to expect as next steps once you have submitted your application. We will also go over the application requirements for each of our programs and provide you with the opportunity to ask us questions about the application process.
- September 25 | 5:00 - 5:30 p.m. MST | Register here
- October 23 | 5:00 - 5:30 p.m. MST | Register here
- November 27 | 5:00 - 5:30 p.m. MST | Register here
- December 11 | 5:00 - 5:30 p.m. MST | Register here
AUArts Portfolio Guide | Online Info-Session
This workshop is ideal for any student looking to understand the requirements for their creative portfolio before submitting to AUArts. Join us for 30 minutes as we discuss our unique portfolio requirements, preferred methods of documentation, and a few tips and tricks for making your portfolio and statement of intent stand out.
- September 25 | 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. MST | Register here
- October 23 | 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. MST | Register here
- November 27 | 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. MST | Register here
- December 11 | 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. MST | Register here
Info-Session and Q&A for International Applicants | Online Info-Session
Whether you have questions about how to apply, Canadian Study Permit requirements or anything else about the process for international admission to Alberta University of the Arts, this live session is for you! Join members of the Admissions and Recruitment Team for an information, and Q&A session to help progress your application.
Online Portfolio Reviews
Join us for a 20-minute one-on-one online Portfolio Review with our Admissions Committee to review your portfolio to make it even stronger!
Once we have provided you with a date and time for your review, we will send you an MS Teams link so that you can join your meeting with your reviewer. At the time of your review, please ensure you login 5-10 minutes early, and are ready with your artwork, a computer, internet access, and a microphone so you can have a conversation with our team member. A web camera is also highly recommended.
Your portfolio should consist of 12 pieces of recent, original artwork such as sketchbooks, photography, 3D-sculptures or ceramics, paintings, digital drawings, animation or any other medium you work with.
We also love to see works-in-progress as it is a terrific way to learn about your process. The artwork should be ready to present either as digital images to share on your screen or the physical pieces to be shown via live camera. Please ensure you have a camera and microphone for your review so you can interact with the reviewer member.