If you're an international student - welcome to AUArts! We have all the information you need to study with us.
Alberta University of the Arts (AUArts) is a community of thinkers, shapers, makers and risk-takers. We are students, faculty, staff and alumni rich in diversity of culture and thought, challenged to fearlessly explore what moves us, drives us and implores us to see the world differently. We are Alberta’s only university dedicated to art and design. We want to introduce you to a whole new world of passionate minds, provocative thinker, ambitious doers and brave creators. Including the one in you. Come and join us!
Our diversity here on campus provides an intimate learning environment with a diverse faculty and student body. AUArts has hosted international students from many countries that include: Australia, China, Colombia, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, the Philippines, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Iceland, the United Kingdom, UEA and the United States.
Situated in the fifth largest city in Canada, Calgary is known for its outdoor activities from white water rafting to ice fishing to bobsledding. Alberta is home to the beautiful prairies and majestic Rockies.
- Apply to AUArts as an International student
- Learn about Canada’s education system
- Student Handbook
- Prepare to study in Canada
- Start your study permit process
- Working in Canada as a student
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada COIVD-19 updates
- Extend your study permit
- Need healthcare? Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP)
- Check out International tuition and fees
- Explore Calgary
- Find student housing
- Apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Ensure you have sufficient health care coverage in Alberta and additional coverage through AUArts Student Association Health + Dental
- Check to see if you need to file taxes
Jonathan Huntley, International Student Recruitment and Admissions Officer
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. MST
Ph: (403) 284-7607