If you're an international student - welcome to AUArts! We have all the information you need to study with us.
Accreditation - Alberta University of the Arts (AUArts) is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), DLI# O18960756062, under the Government of Canada’s International Student Program. As a DLI, AUArts fulfills Alberta’s high standards of program quality, and meets the criteria for study permits that is required for international students desiring to enrol.
Community - We are a community of thinkers, shapers, makers and risk-takers. We are students, faculty, staff and alumni rich in diversity of culture and thought, challenged to fearlessly explore what moves us, drives us and implores us to see the world differently. We are Alberta’s only university dedicated to art and design. We want to introduce you to a whole new world of passionate minds, provocative thinker, ambitious doers and brave creators. Including the one in you. Come and join us!
Diversity - Our diversity here on campus provides an intimate learning environment with a diverse faculty and student body. AUArts has hosted international students from many countries that include: Australia, China, Colombia, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, the Philippines, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Iceland, the United Kingdom, UEA and the United States.
Calgary - The third largest city in Canada, Calgary is a major metropolitan city with stunning outdoor beauty and is home to innovative creative industries. Voted the 4th most livable city in the world, you'll love it here!
Resources for international students
After your AUArts application is received, processed and approved, you will receive an email from Admissions with information on how to apply for a study permit. In the meantime, read about the processes here:
- Apply - How to apply to our bachelor's degrees as an international student
- Study in Canada - What you'll need to start your study permit process
- Work and Study - Working in Canada with a study permit
- Healthcare - Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP)
- Tuition - Check out International tuition and fees
- Calgary - Explore things to do in Calgary.
- Housing - On-campus student housing
- Social Insurance Number - Apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- AUArts Student Association - Benefits including health and dental through your AUArts Student Association
- Taxes - Check to see if you need to file taxes
- After Graduation - Extend your study permit
If you're an international student looking to study at AUArts, we would love to have you join our AUArts community! We have all the information you need to study with us.
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. MST
See upcoming information sessions specific to international students here.