We look forward to seeing you online, via MS Teams during AUArts Orientation this summer.
Welcome to AUArts! Here is the new Student Handbook with detailed information we covered during Orientation.
Registration is underway and we continue to add more sections for popular classes in the Fall and Winter semesters. We have made changes to the current schedule in order to create additional sections this Fall.
Learning and academic accommodations
If you have a diagnosed chronic condition or limitation that would affect your success at AUArts, you may choose to provide the university with supportive documentation to develop an accommodation plan to assist in your academic and student success.
Students can rent a locker at AUArts to store their books, portfolios, supplies and tools on campus.
Your new AUArts account
Your AUArts account is where your professors and everyone in AUArts will be connecting with you.
You will receive an email with your new AUArts address and password soon.
Mosaic | AUArts' learning management system
Mosaic is used to support classroom instruction through online content and provides a hub for online meeting collaborations.
New student IDs
Having a good hair day? Cut your wait time in half! Send in your own photo for your Campus Student ID.
Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your attached photo that meets the following criteria:
- The photo must be no older than 90 days and must be in the likeness of your current appearance
- The photo should capture from slightly above the top of hair to the middle of the chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Your head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Do not wear sunglasses, hats, or toques
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- The photo must be in colour
- The background should be plain white or off-white
- The photo must be in a JPG format
For students who send in their photos, ID cards will be created and distributed at the AUArts Security Office and available for curbside pick-up in September.
If you prefer to take a new photo, the campus Security Office will be open in September to help with your new IDs.
Remember to bring official government-issued identification for verification.
Universal transit passes (UPass)
Information coming soon.
Enrollment verification letters
From student loans to Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs), you may require a letter confirming your enrollment at AUArts.
Transfer credit assessments
AUArts may award transfer credit for courses completed at other post-secondary institutions or equivalent prior learning experience (PLAR) upon a student’s successful admission to the College.
We can help you find the perfect place to call home.
Contests and community
We love contests and building community. Find out how to be part of both by checking out #going2auarts and following @albertuarts on Instagram and Facebook for ongoing summer competitions with prizes awarded at this year's Welcome Days!
Planning for your first day of classes
The first day of the Fall Term is Wednesday, September 1, 2021. The First day of Classes for the Fall Term is Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
Here is a checklist of things you’ll need to do to be as successful as possible on your first day of classes!
- Create a dedicated "classroom and/or studio space" in your home
- Have a computer or tablet ready and connected to the internet
- Visit MyApps to navigate your student account
- Print off your course schedule (webService) on MyApps
- Check your AUArts email often for communications regarding live-Sessions, registration, supply lists, course outlines and syllabi from your professors
- Come prepared with at least a notebook and pen or pencils
We hope you found these tips information. Please email email@example.com if you have any comments or questions.