Students of Print Media explore the rich traditions of printmaking, experiment with historical and contemporary processes, and devise new and innovative forms of expression within the medium.
- Water-based silkscreen studio with a large vacuum exposure unit
- Intaglio studio space with three etching presses, a large-format electric press, ferric chloride etching baths, and ventilated solvent room
- Relief space with etching press, hydraulic press, and range of brayers and rollers
- Fully-stocked lithography studio with range of stones, lithography plates, four presses (including a table-top press, and an electric press), vacuum exposure unit, and variety of rollers
- Print-media dedicated darkroom with a Nuarc flip-top exposure unit and plate developing sink
- Print resource room with access to decades of student, faculty, and visiting artist prints
- Dedicated studios for third and fourth year students
AUArts’s Print Media faculty are a diverse and exciting group of professional artists, each with a rich personal practice and a wide range of experience exhibiting work and creating research in their field.
Educational Art Technician
Print Media at AUArts is quite self-directed, enabling the student to create a body of work and develop their personal style at their own pace.
"Our print department instructors are all working specifically in printmaking as their primary artistic output, and their real-world knowledge has been influential in shaping how I contextualize my work in the broader printmaking community. Their mentorship has been invaluable regarding the production of my prints, but even more so in preparing me for life as a printmaker after graduation." - Scott Baird, 3rd year Print Media major
Printmaking extends what you know is possible...it is a channel into greater ventures.
"Print is a medium that is based in drawing which is my forte, and print gives my work a refined, finished quality. Everything printed seems so intentional and I love that in printmaking the technical aspect is highly important along with concept. But the best part of print is the comradery of printmakers. Everyone is so supportive! - Ken Li, Print Media major
Print Media alumni become successful practicing artists, graduate students, freelance designers, illustrators, teachers, and small business owners.