Income tax forms
Your tax forms (T2202A) will be available online in March of the year following your course date.
AUArts degree students MUST reach out to email@example.com
Continuing Education Students: Please follow the steps below to receive your T2202 form.
You will need your AUArts student ID number to access your tax information. Email Continuing Education for assistance.
- You will need your student number and a 6 digit PIN number to access your account. If you not know your PIN number, contact the Continuing Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to reset your PIN number so you can access your tax form online.
- Log in to Student Self Service and click the Student Service tab
- Click on Canadian Tax Forms and enter your Student ID again
- Select Tax Year and Printable T2202 Form (PDF) click Submit (you can access your tax records dating back to 2004)
- If the error message "Social insurance number (SIN) is invalid, provide valid SIN" pops up, please see SIN Number Collection . Note that you can still print your form without providing a SIN number by pressing "Ok."
SIN Number Collection for Continuing Education Students
Contact the Continuing Education Department at email@example.com.
Who is eligible to receive a T2202A?
To be eligible for a T2202A, your tuition and student fees must exceed $100 in the tax year and you must be at least 16 years of age. The program of study must last at least three consecutive weeks and have a minimum of 12 hours instruction per month.
How are tuition amounts calculated?
To be eligible for a tuition tax credit, the sum of your eligible fees paid in the tax year must exceed $100. Not all fees paid are eligible for the tax credit.
Eligible fees include:
- application fees (admission and graduation)
- supplementary studio fees
- processing fee
- student network fee
- SAIT Campus Centre fee
- transfer credit fee
Ineligible fees include:
- students' association fees (including health and dental plan fees)
- locker fees
- fines and late payment penalties
- tutoring and peer support fees
How are full-time months calculated?
Full-time months are assigned for a program of study that lasts at least three consecutive weeks and requires a minimum of 10 hours of instruction each week.
How are part-time months calculated?
Part-time months are assigned for a program of study that lasts at least three consecutive weeks and requires a minimum of 12 hours of instruction each month. When a program or course starts or ends part way through a month, that month may not qualify as a part time month if the minimum of 12 hours is not satisfied.
How do I obtain my user ID and PIN for AUArts webService?
Continuing Education students using webService for the first time should contact the Continuing Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for their ID and/or PIN.
I am a grant-funded Artstream Student. Why doesn't my T2202A indicate any eligible tuition?
Tuition fees paid by a federal, provincial or territorial job training program are not considered eligible under CRA regulations.