Income tax forms
Your tax forms (T2202A) will be available online in March of the year following your course date.
AUArts Degree students please follow instructions on how to print your T2202 form here.
AUArts Alumni and former students can print their T2202 form online using the T2202 Self Service Link here.
Alumni and former students are asked to contact the Registrar's Office here if they need a password reset.
Continuing Education Students: Please follow the steps below to receive your T2202 form.
You will need your AUArts student ID number to access your tax information. Email Continuing Education for assistance.
- You will need your student number and a 6 digit PIN number to access your account. If you not know your PIN number, contact the Continuing Education Department at email@example.com and ask them to reset your PIN number so you can access your tax form online.
- Log in to Student Self Service and click the Student Service tab
- Click on Canadian Tax Forms and enter your Student ID again
- Select Tax Year and Printable T2202 Form (PDF) click Submit (you can access your tax records dating back to 2004)
- If the error message "Social insurance number (SIN) is invalid, provide valid SIN" pops up, please see SIN Number Collection . Note that you can still print your form without providing a SIN number by pressing "Ok."
SIN Number Collection for Continuing Education Students
Contact the Continuing Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible to receive a T2202A?
To be eligible for a T2202A, your tuition and student fees must exceed $100 in the tax year and you must be at least 16 years of age. The program of study must last at least three consecutive weeks and have a minimum of 12 hours instruction per month.
How are tuition amounts calculated?
To be eligible for a tuition tax credit, the sum of your eligible fees paid in the tax year must exceed $100. Not all fees paid are eligible for the tax credit.
Eligible fees include:
- application fees (admission and graduation)
- supplementary studio fees
- processing fee
- student network fee
- SAIT Campus Centre fee
- transfer credit fee
Ineligible fees include:
- students' association fees (including health and dental plan fees)
- locker fees
- fines and late payment penalties
- tutoring and peer support fees
How are full-time months calculated?
Full-time months are assigned for a program of study that lasts at least three consecutive weeks and requires a minimum of 10 hours of instruction each week.
How are part-time months calculated?
Part-time months are assigned for a program of study that lasts at least three consecutive weeks and requires a minimum of 12 hours of instruction each month. When a program or course starts or ends part way through a month, that month may not qualify as a part time month if the minimum of 12 hours is not satisfied.
How do I obtain my user ID and PIN for AUArts webService?
Continuing Education students using webService for the first time should contact the Continuing Education Office at email@example.com for their ID and/or PIN.
I am a grant-funded Artstream Student. Why doesn't my T2202A indicate any eligible tuition?
Tuition fees paid by a federal, provincial or territorial job training program are not considered eligible under CRA regulations.