Get the skinny on our Certification of Achievement programs here.

How many courses do I need to take for my certificate of achievement?

Each Certification of Achievement program has a total of six required and elective courses total. 

How are the courses graded?

Students must receive a passing grade on all required courses in order to receive a Certification. Each Certification course is graded pass or no pass based on the following student attendance and project guidelines:

Students may miss 1 class per course. 

Students must complete all assigned projects - you will not be officially "marked", but instructors will evaluate the projects in class.

Did the student meet the project requirements and were they successful?

What is a Certification of Achievement?

A Certification of Achievement is a non-credit program credential. A non-degree credit program is taken for personal interest or professional development purposes to complement and enhance your resume. Providing industry level skill-based competencies recognized by employers. Certification of Achievements are administered by Alberta University of the Arts School of Continuing Education and Professional Development.  

What is a non-credit program?

Non-credit programs are taken for personal interest of professional development to complement and enhance your resume while providing industry level skill-based competencies recognized by employers. 

Individuals who complete non-credit programs receive a certificate, digital badge, micro-credential, or certification of achievement administered by Alberta University of the Arts School of Continuing Education and Professional Development.

These programs are intended for those who want to learn and upgrade skills or enhance their understanding of a topic. 

How do I receive my Certification of Achievement?

Once you have successfully completed all required courses, you'll need to contact the Continuing Education office to request your Certification. There is a $50 (plus GST) processing fee payable when the Certification of Achievement is requested.

What happens if course requirements are changed or if a course is discontinued?

If Continuing Education changes the requirements for a Certification program, you may choose to follow the previously published requirements, or meet the new ones. If a course is discontinued, please contact the Continuing Education office for an approved substitution.

Can I transfer credits from another institution?

Yes. Any AUArts Continuing Education Certification of Achievement program will accept up to one course substitution from an outside institution. You'll need to provide Continuing Education with the institution’s course description, including the course content and course hours, and an official record of your final mark in the course. Approval to substitute the outside course will be based on its substantive similarity to a required or elective AUArts Continuing Education Certification course.

I am a student on a study permit - am I eligible to take Continuing Education courses?

Students do not require a study permit to take Continuing Education courses. This program is not designated and ineligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit.

How long does it take to complete a Certification of Achievement?

We require students to complete the 6 courses included in their Certification within 2 years of submitting their declaration. 

When can I complete a Certification of Achievement?

Classes included in this program are offered all year long. Enroll in as many as fit your schedule. 

Do prices include the cost of supplies and materials? 

No. Students will need to purchase their own supplies and materials. Including special programs needed to complete course work (i.e. adobe creative suite)

What is the total cost of a Certification of Achievement?

As prices for courses vary, each certification will differ in cost. You may expect to pay up to $3000 to complete all courses (not including materials and supplies)

For more information please contact the Continuing Education office by email or phone at 403.284.7640.