International students

We can help you find the resources you need for immigration, work permits, and general academic support.


We are glad that you’ve chosen to study with us at the Alberta University of the Arts. We look forward to your arrival and we are confident that you will enjoy your stay in Calgary and your time at AUArts – meeting new friends and immersing yourself in the practice and culture of art and design is exciting, but we know that you may also feel a little anxious about leaving your family, friends and the comfort of familiar surroundings and practices. We have resources to help you prepare for your arrival and to introduce you to our city and our university.

Resources for international students



Q: I am a student on a study permit - am I eligible to take Continuing Education courses?

A: Students do not require a study permit to take Continuing Education courses. This program is not Designated and ineligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit.