English requirements for Bachelor's degrees
To be accepted into AUArts’ Bachelor's degree program, you’ll need to demonstrate proficiency in English by meeting one of the following requirements:
- Successful completion of at least two years of full-time instruction in a high school where English is the language of instruction, including a passing grade in a grade 12 English course or equivalent.
- Successful completion of one year of full-time instruction (18 credits) at a post-secondary institution where English is the language of instruction, including at least one transferrable English course in composition or literature.
- A score of 83 or higher on an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) on the Internet-based test (iBT), with a minimum score of 20 in each of the four testing sections, or 220 on the computer-based test (CBT). TOEFL institution code is 0595.
- A score of 70 or higher on the Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment, or a score of 70 or higher on the computer edition (CAEL CE)
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the International English Language Test (IELTS).
- A score of 110 or higher on the Duolingo English Test. (Fall 2021 admission only)