New Student Orientation 2023
Welcome to AUArts! We look forward to welcoming you to our community of thinkers, shapers, makers and risk-takers!
Check back here often or watch your AUArts email for announcements for the Fall 2023 Orientation taking place on September 5, 2023.
Register for New Student Orientation
Registration for New Student Orientation has begun. Check your AUArts email for detailed information and link to register.
Deadline to register is Monday, August 14.
Your new AUArts account
Your AUArts account is where faculty and staff at AUArts will be connecting with you. An email with your new AUArts address and password has been sent to you.
Registration for the 2023-24 academic year has begun. Check your AUArts email for detailed information.
View our course listings.
Student loans and awards
Need assistance funding your university education? Visit our Student Awards and Financial Aid page.
Accessibility Services and Academic Accommodations
If you have a diagnosed chronic condition or limitation that would affect your success at AUArts, you may choose to provide the university with supportive documentation to develop an accommodation plan to assist in your academic and student success.
If you have questions about your Program, make an appointment with one of our Student Academic Advisors.
Mosaic | AUArts' Learning Management System
- Mosaic is used to support classroom instruction through online content and provides a hub for online meeting collaborations.
- Visit Mosaic (with your AUArts account) for information and resources on how to log in and get started.
New Student IDs
Having a good hair day?
Email your JPG photo to email@example.com by August 18, so we can create your new AUArts Student ID card.
ID cards will be available for pick-up beginning September 5.
About your AUArts Student ID
Student IDs are required to gain access to the university and will be activated for the first day of classes.
You can use your Student ID to gain student discounts at some retailers and other services.
- Photo must have been taken within the last 90-days and must be in the likeness of your current appearance.
- It should capture from slightly above the top of the hair to the middle of the chest. Clothing must be worn.
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera and your head should be positioned directly facing the camera. Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used and a natural expression is encouraged.
- Wear headpieces if worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons.
- Do not wear sunglasses, hats, or toques.
- No face masks or coverings.
- Do not have any other object or persons in the picture.
- It must be in colour.
- The background should be plain white or off-white.
- The photo must be in a JPG format.
Students can rent a locker at AUArts to store their books, portfolios, supplies and tools on campus. Because of our limited number of lockers, priority for locker registration is given to first and second-year students who don’t have individual studio spaces.
Register for a locker in webService (Students) and select LOCK 100A. You only need to register once per school year.
Locker numbers and lock combinations will be assigned after September 1 and will be emailed to you by Facilities.
AUArts shares a campus with SAIT, and we are excited for you to join your AUArts community living at SAIT Residence.
Universal transit passes (UPass)
Information is available here.
Planning for your first day of classes
- The first day of the Fall Term is Friday, September 1, 2023.
- The first day of classes for the Fall Term is Wednesday, September 6, 2023.
- Check out the Academic Calendar for the academic schedule and other important dates for 2023-2024.
Here is a checklist of things you’ll need to do to be as successful as possible on your first day of classes!
Create a dedicated "classroom and/or studio space" in your home
- Visit MyApps(to navigate your student account)
- Print off your course schedule (webService) on MyApps
- Check your AUArts email often for communications regarding information sessions, registration, supply lists, course outlines and syllabi from your professors
- Come prepared with at least a notebook and pen or pencils
We hope you find these tips useful. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments or questions.